The mission of the Preparatory Year English Program at Najran University is to provide a strong foundation in essential language skills for students who intend to join a wide range of specialized and professional disciplines. The Department provides this foundation by:
- Developing students' proficiency in English, so that they can actively participate in all required disciplines to succeed in their professional studies;
- Introducing students to the importance of mathematics, computer science and other necessary skills through the medium of English language;
- Giving students direct exposure to use applied knowledge of engineering workshops and mechanical drawing classes through the medium of English language;
- Offering students the guidance and counseling in strengthening English Language Skills needed to join the international Anglophone consensus;
- Allowing students to experience ESP used in different professional fields, so that they can make an informed choice of career; and
- Teaching students to study effectively in any field they may eventually choose, and to instill academic discipline and integrity.