The E-learning and Distance Education are an essential source for university education and continuing education as well. The need for this type of learning has increased with the increasing numbers wishing to enroll in university education beyond the enrolling capacity of universities.
E-learning Concept :
It is a way of teaching using modern communication tools such as the computer ,its networks and its Multimedia such as sound, pictures and graphics , search engines , Digital libraries as well as web portals , whether Distance or in the classroom .
More accurate definition:
E-learning is the use of modern technology with all its types in the delivery of information to the learner in a shorter time with less effort and greater benefit .
E-learning objectives :
1. To increase the number of students and the number of students in sections.
2. To help lecturers in the preparation of educational materials for students and enrich their experience .
3. To solve the problem of the lack of academic and training calibers in some educational sectors through virtual classrooms .
4. To save the time of students and lecturers compared with traditional methods .
5. To spread the culture of technology in the society and provide a broader concept of continuing education.
o The E-learning Content is presented electronically to the learner.
o The E-learning multi media are the computer ,the Internet networks and their applications.
o E-learning Provides the learner with an active interaction with both the educational content and the teacher.
o E-learning is flexible in terms of time, place and pace of learning.
o E-learning is Managed electronically.